2017 has been a truly amazing year for MIT VSA. Here are some of our biggest achievements:
- We welcomed four undergrads and four graduate students to our VSA community.
- We elected a fresh leadership board this October.
- We started VSA Art meetings where lovers of traditional Vietnamese Art can gather to create and enjoy art.
- We continued our role as the host of the Christmas celebration for Vietnamese students from all around Boston.
- We secured funding for the Winter 2018 cycle
- Last but not least, you’re reading this post on the newly updated VSA website!
These exciting changes reflect our mission to be not just a community, but a supportive environment and a second home for Vietnamese students living abroad.
2018 promises to be an even more exciting year as we hope to integrate better with the community of Vietnamese students in the Boston area as well as the international community at MIT. We’re taking part in the Dining Etiquette event with the International Student Office and will work closely with the International Student Association to organize an international food festival for the MIT community. Also, look out for our upcoming large events such as Tet, Vietchallenge and the comeback of Viet Youth Project. And of course, don’t forget the numerous spontaneous hangouts and dinners.
Stay tuned, and Happy New Year!